Thanks Cary,

The Portland host committee is using DLF as fiscal agent, and any money
collected through this campaign will be routed through them, at some
point.  I'd be happy to touch base with CLIR/DLF about the tax status of
donations.

As to the question of whether Code4Lib should be permanently affiliated
with any existing organization, or create its own... I'll leave that for
others to sort out.

- Tom