Brad, Eric is on the right track above. The problem is absolute positioning
(of which fixed positioning is a subset) removes the element from document
flow and sets it in proportion to the viewport width.

You'll have to add a fixed width to your unordered list, but more specific
than 25%. Try adding the rules below to your internal styles (the `/*
bootstrap overrides */` section of the html). (Be sure to keep the order
provided here.)

The next version of Bootstrap will change hard px values for rems!

@media (min-width: 992px) {
  .affix {
    width: 220px;
  }
}
@media (min-width: 1200px) {
  .affix {
    width: 270px;
  }
}

Cheers,
Brian Zelip
---
MS Student, Graduate School of Library & Information Science
Graduate Assistant, Scholarly Commons
zelip.me