Assuming that the credentials are in fact compromised. They could also be
given away or sold, including by the person they belong to. And while it is
trivially easy to employ proxies, only a handful of people bother.

Finding free EZP credentials is crazy easy on Google. Try it -- you'll have
more options than you know what to do with in less than a minute.

In any case, the simplest way to achieve what you're trying to do without
going the IP route is to log users and retain data only long enough to
allow processing by a minimal detection script.

kyle