Could you provide some examples of the resources that you're excluding and
searches that return those results (maybe with screen shots in case Google
serves up different results to different users)? I'm having a bit of
trouble understanding your problem description.

I'll admit that my schema.org hammer is itchy, but I don't want to jump to
conclusions as the problem might not even be a construction issue, let
alone a nail :)