Drupal has some excellent tools for working with media, mostly based on the
media module <https://www.drupal.org/project/media>. There are submodules
devoted to popular services like YouTube <
https://www.drupal.org/project/media_youtube>.

There is a list of the various components of the Media module ecosystem at
https://groups.drupal.org/node/168009.

Feel free to ask specific questions on the Drupal4Lib mailing list <
http://listserv.uic.edu/archives/drupal4lib.html>.

Thanks,

Cary

--