You don't have to build your own indexer. You might use the pymarc
parser to pull the records into a flat database like Mongo, then
pull reports from there. It really depends on what the service is
delivering.

This would be much less insanity inducing than regexes in vi.

I do agree with Jonathan. If authorities were easy, everyone would be doing
them.

Cary

On Sunday, November 2, 2014, Stuart Yeates <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Do any of these have built-in indexing? 800k records isn't going to fit in
> memory and if building my own MARC indexer is 'relatively straightforward'
> then you're a better coder than I am.
>
> cheers
> stuart
>
> --