On Tue, Nov 4, 2014 at 10:00 AM, Owen Stephens <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Another option would be a 'code4lib Q&A' site. Becky Yoose set up one for
> Coding/Cataloguing and so can comment on how much effort its been.

For the sake of laziness, I'll point to my post from the last time a SE
topic came up on the list regarding my experience with OSQA and SE
communities in general:
https://listserv.nd.edu/cgi-bin/wa?A2=ind1307&L=code4lib&F=&S=&P=69809

Addendum - the spam bots now have cracked OSQA's recaptcha and flooded the
site with spam accounts. For now, I had to shut off local authentication
for creating local accounts. There is a possible fix with the stopspamforum
django middleware, but the version of django I'm running now conflicts with
what the middleware needs, and I'm weary of updating django and not b0rking
the OSQA instance in the process.

Thanks,
Becky