Way back when, in the harvester guidelines, we suggested using both the
User-Agent (along the lines proposed but without URI suggestion) and the
 From (for email contact) headers:

http://www.openarchives.org/OAI/2.0/guidelines-harvester.htm#AgentInfo

So, a long winded +1 to a URI being a useful thing to put in the
User-Agent string.

Cheers,
Simeon