** I sent this earlier today, but it didn't seem to go through, probably
due to the attachment. I've replaced the previously attached source code
with this online demo: http://codepen.io/troub/pen/VYYjxM/?editors=101
** You can just grab the JS part and save it as a .js file and call that
from your HTML (see below).

We used probably the same javascript code (I remember I adapted it from
some example buried somewhere in the Google documentation universe). I
looked at it today and the attached code should work to get going with
the Calendar API v3 (.txt extension added to avoid getting flagged as
active code or something).

Like before, you'll need to have a couple of things in your HTML; divs
that get updated with the content:

And the script source and a call to the Google Client API code:

<!cript type="text/javascript" src="/calendar-v3.js" ></script>

<!cript src="https://apis.google.com/js/client.js?onload=handleClientLoad"></script>

You'll need to make sure you set up a project in the Google Developers
Console ( https://console.developers.google.com ) and enable the
Calendar API, then create a browser API key to use in the attached
script file (somehow the v2 code always worked for us without an actual
API key, if you were already using one you're halfway there). The .js
code has the whole bit included for OAuth 2.0 authentication (the
clientId and scopes variables, and all the "Auth" functions), which as I
was trying to work this all out seemed necessary at first, but then once
I got it all working I was able to shortcut past it. Make sure your
website address(es) are listed as allowed referers on your API key, too.

This is working for us now, and even though it took a while to work
through exactly what was expected from the API, the new code is much
simpler than the old, even with the OAuth stuff in there.

Steven
/Steven Pryor
Director of Digital Initiatives and Technologies
Library and Information Services
Southern Illinois University Edwardsville
(618) 650-3080