Director of Scholarly Communication
University of Texas at Arlington
Arlington

Why choose us?

We are a library that values exploring risk and revolutionary concepts in
libraries. We think beyond traditional collections and services by developing
programs that push creation, exploration, and innovation by our faculty and
students. As UT Arlington accelerates its journey as a cutting-edge urban
university, the Libraries' excellent staff and services are the heart of the
campus, united toward that goal.

Your job with us…

Advocate for new and emerging practices in scholarly communication. Provide
critical leadership as the library guides our university in shaping policies
and support for the creation, delivery, and preservation of original digital
scholarship produced at UT Arlington. Develop education and outreach programs
for faculty and provide guidance to all members of the UT Arlington community
on issues related to scholarly publishing, including author rights, open
access (OA) publishing, and current and emerging publishing trends.

What you bring…

Requirements: Master's Degree in Library Science from an ALA-accredited
program; a minimum of 2 years professional experience in a university or
related setting which includes experience with new and emerging tools for
scholarly publishing; strong background in copyright or scholarly
communications; experience working work collaboratively with faculty,
librarians, archivists, and others; excellent oral and written communication
skills, and organizational skills.

Preferred: Juris Doctorate Degree from an ABA-accredited program; 5+ years of
professional experience in a university, scholarly publishing, or related
setting; a record of publications and/or presentations related to scholarly
communication; demonstrated ability to lead change; experience with
e-resources licensing and author agreements; experience using social
networking tools in an academic setting.

About the University

The University of Texas at Arlington believes in the unrelenting pursuit of
transformative discoveries, extraordinary instruction rooted in innovation,
and perpetual engagement that shapes communities and changes lives. These are
the building blocks of The University of Texas at Arlington. They're part of
our DNA, empowering us to create a healthier, happier, and more advanced
society.

With our commitment to life-enhancing research, teaching excellence, and
service to the community, UT Arlington leads educational services in the heart
of the Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex and is the second largest of the fifteen
campuses in the University of Texas System. UT Arlington comprises eleven
colleges and schools offering 80 baccalaureate, 71 masters, and 31 doctoral
programs to over 34,800 students. Of UT Arlington's 125,000 alumni, 88,000
live in North Texas, and their presence helps the University generate a $1
billion annual economic impact on the region.

UT Arlington is proud to have placed highly in several recent national
rankings. The Chronicle of Higher Education ranked UT
Arlington as the 7th fastest-growing public research University in the United
States. The New America Foundation described UT Arlington
as a "Next Generation University" -- one of only six in the nation. We are
known for innovations in education, in the delivery of knowledge, and for
leading national reform. U.S. News & World Report listed UT
Arlington as the fifth most diverse among national universities. This ranking
stands as a key indicator of our commitment to diversity and access.

The Community

Within a 25-mile radius of the center of Arlington is a dynamic community of
over 2 million people. The Dallas Cowboys and Texas Rangers call the city
home, and their stadiums are in the heart of the entertainment district, which
includes the Six Flags Over Texas and Hurricane Harbor theme parks. Arlington
is recognized as the entertainment capital of Texas.
Arlington is conveniently located between Dallas and Fort Worth, which feature
internationally renowned cultural and arts districts, restaurants, and a
vibrant night scene. The nearby Dallas-Fort Worth International Airport is a
major hub with nonstop flights to myriad national and international
destinations.

Applications and Nominations

Please submit applications at http://tinyurl.com/pcof365 ; include a letter of
interest and curriculum vitae. Finalists are required to supply names and
contact information for at least three professional
references. Nominations may be made to Kevin Schuck at
[log in to unmask] or at Box 19497, Arlington, TX 76019.

Finalists will make a formal presentation to Library staff on a topic to be
provided. The successful candidate will be required to work
some evening, weekend and holiday hours. This is a non-
tenure track position.

We encourage applicants to apply and submit all required materials by November
17, 2014.

Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/18079/
To post a new job please visit http://jobs.code4lib.org/