We are accepting proposals for papers, panels, posters, workshops and
tutorials
for the 46th annual International Association of Sound and Audiovisual
Archives Conference to be held at the Bibliothèque nationale de France
in Paris, France -- 27 September through 1 October 2015.

*** deadline for submissions: 16 January, 2015 ***

http://2015.iasa-web.org

The words of Alexandre Dumas's character, d'Artagnan, strike a deep chord
within us as sound and audiovisual archivists. As individuals, we work to
preserve our sound and audiovisual heritage and make it accessible to the
many. As a community, we share our knowledge so that individual archives
may benefit from our collective experience. This sense of community runs
throughout the sub-themes that we will explore at the 2015 IASA annual
conference . Please submit proposals of presentations for the sub-themes
below by using the presentation submission form online at:
http://2015.iasa-web.org/presentation-submission-form

Topics should address these sub-themes:

* Archives without walls -- semantic networks and born digital information
* Organising knowledge
* Legal deposit
* Archive workflows
* Selection -- acquisition, preservation, and access
* Collaborative description
* Obsolescence

The closing date for proposals is 16 January 2015.

Note: Accommodation, travel, and subsistence are the responsibility of the
presenters. All attendees, including presenters, are expected to register
and pay the registration fee.

For questions or further information, please contact

Bertram Lyons, CA
AVPreserve | www.avpreserve.com
American Folklife Center | www.loc.gov/folklife
International Association of Sound and Audiovisual Archives |
www.iasa-web.org