The next NDSA Standards and Practices Working Group call will be on November 17, 1-2pm ET. Our main discussion topic will be reports on recent conferences and many WG members have volunteered to share their experiences, including those listed below. Adobe Connect login information is at the end of this message.

We look forward to the discussion on 11/17!

********************
Kate Murray
Office of Strategic Initiatives
Library of Congress
202-707-4894

Meeting Agenda

*        Administrivia (New member introductions, call for note taker)

*        Announcements and Project Updates

o   Video survey status and December monthly call

o   Email exploration tools and demos schedule

o   Optical Disc discussion -  do we want to have any follow-up items?

*        Main Discussion Topic:  Report out from recent conferences (45 mins)
LC Storage Meeting, 9/22-9/23 http://www.digitalpreservation.gov/meetings/storage14.html
 -Kara Van Malssen, AVPreserve

Research Data Alliance -- 4th Plenary, 9/22-9/24 https://rd-alliance.org/plenary-meetings/fourth-plenary/plenary4-programme.html
-Mary Vardigan, ICPSR

iPRES, 10/6-10/10  http://ipres2014.org/
-Andrea Goethals, Harvard

AMIA Hack Day, 10/8/2014 http://www.amiaconference.net/amiadlf-hack-day-2014/
-Kara Van Malssen, AVPreserve

DLF Fall Forum, 10/27-10/29 http://www.diglib.org/forums/2014forum/
-Stephen Davis, Columbia - about http://bit.ly/1qnmar1
-Michelle Paolillo, Cornell - about the session http://bit.ly/1t8Kqga

IASA (International Association of Sound and Audiovisual Archives), 10/5-10/9 http://2014.iasa-web.org/
-Kate Murray, LC -  Kate's Signal blog post http://blogs.loc.gov/digitalpreservation/2014/11/convergence-of-audiovisual-archivists-in-the-fairest-cape-a-report-of-the-2014-iasa-conference/

*        Questions/Discussion

*        Wrap up

== Adobe Connect online meeting information ==
*             Go to https://locosi.adobeconnect.com/digitalpreservation
*             Enter your full name and institution in the text box, for example Barrie Howard (Library of Congress)
*             Click the "Enter" Room button
*             Dial 877-299-5123 for audio