nice thread! Always good to see what other people read.

My list for 2014:

- Stoner - John Williams (you described this one well Bill)

- A good man is hard to find - Flannery O'conner (highly recommended! A
number of short stories; very human. It will rattle your cage)

- Hollywood - Charles Bukowski (alcohol-infused; well-written; fun;
Hollywood)

- The legend of Sleepy Hollow and other short stories- Washington Irving
(proudly purchased at the LOC, great great stories. Transports you to his
time.)

- Biography of Benjamin Franklin (very inspiring man, he did amazing stuff
and always worked on improving himself as a person; he even dissected all
world religions to make a list of shared virtues.)

- Atlas Shrugged - Ayn Rand (still struggling through this one. It's
interesting to find out first hand what her controversial views are all
about. It's definitely worth the read)

- A number of Dutch books: de Zonnewijzer, de Kroongetuige (Maarten 't
Hart); Sneeuw (Bernlef); Eindelijk oorlog (Herman Koch); VSV (Leon de
Winter).

- a Flemish book: De verlossing - Willem Elschot (really funny, about a
feud between the village shop owner and the new priest)

- more stuff, but can't remember right now

Jaap

--
*Jaap Blom*

Projectmedewerker R&D

*T* 035 - 677 1930
*Aanwezig:* ma,di,wo,do,vr
 <http://www.beeldengeluid.nl> *Nederlands Instituut voor Beeld en Geluid*
*
Media Parkboulevard 1, 1217 WE  Hilversum | Postbus 1060, 1200 BB  Hilversum | *
*beeldengeluid.nl* <http://www.beeldengeluid.nl>