Hi everyone,

We're still a couple weeks away from warm and balmy temperatures in
Portland for #c4l15, but it isn't too early to start thinking about what to
do with yourself during all that free time outside of the talks. The social
events committee has been hard at work in getting events and lists around,
and you can see what's going on during the conference at http://wiki.
code4lib.org/index.php/2015_Social_Activities. We are still working on
adding events, so there might be some events popping up on the page as we
get closer to the conference.

One event that we wanted to point out is the Newcomer Dinner on Monday,
February 9th. Will this be your first time at the conference? Or are you a
c4l veteran looking to corrupt some newbies? Join fellow c4l newbies and
veterans for an evening of food, socializing, and stimulating
demonstrations of the many uses of LibGuides alternatives.

The details are at
http://wiki.code4lib.org/index.php/2015_Social_Activities#Newcomer_Dinner.2C_Monday.2C_February_9th.
There are a lot of restaurants to choose from, so there should be plenty of
options to go around. This year we are trying something new - we are using
Google Docs for sign up; no wiki account required to sign up for a dinner
group. The link is posted under the Newcomer Dinner section of the wiki
(one extra click, but getting y'all in the habit to check the social events
wiki page ;c) )

Another event that we want you to know is the Craft Brew Drinkup on
Tuesday, February 10th. When we say "Craft Brew" we mean it - beer, soda,
even tea - if it is (or can be) brewed, it will be here! You supply the
brew and snacks, ebay will supply the drinkware. More details, including a
place to list what you want to bring (and a wish list of what you want
there), is at
http://wiki.code4lib.org/2015_Social_Activities#Craft_Brew_Drinkup.2C_Tuesday_February_10th.
This event is limited to 200 people, so if you haven't done so, please
register for the Drinkup at
https://www.eventbrite.com/e/code4lib-2015-tickets-14504558525.

We are also planning a Game Night! Date TBA, but we have the meeting rooms
reserved at the conference hotel. More information, plus a sign up of what
games you want to bring, at
http://wiki.code4lib.org/2015_Social_Activities#Game_Night_.28Date_TBA.29.

Lastly, if you see a local event that you want to go to with fellow
attendees or want to suggest an event, please feel free to edit the wiki!
The fun part about this conference is that you are almost always likely to
find partners in crime that have similar interests  Post your event to the
wiki (or listserv), and they will come :cD

Go forth and sign up! Let us know if you have any questions and we'll see
you all soon.

Thanks again,
Becky, on behalf of The Social Activities Committee