Okay, yes, thank you for clarifying! I think the opening line of
Wikipedia's CORS page [1] is a little misleading.

So I can load the js in my page from a different domain, but I can't use
javascript to grab content / data from another domain -- and that is where
CORS / JSONP would come in. Correct?

The last time I was working around that issue standard practice was for the
js to call a script on your own server, which then went out and grabbed the
data for you.

Thanks,
Anna

[1]