(Apologies for Crossposting)

Thought I'd try here and the DSpace-tech listserv since this is
frustrating the heck out of me.

I'm testing an upgrade from 3.2 to 4.2 of our DSpace install. However,
upon upgrading to 4.2, almost all my items get marked as private in
the WebUI (note that they are not actually private items and don't
appear as such in the database). As far as I can tell, solr is having
issues indexing things in 4.2 and my logs are filled with things like:

     [java] 2015-01-13 11:45:59,325 ERROR
org.dspace.browse.IndexBrowse @ Null metadata value for item 24289,
field: dc.subject.aat

     [java] 2015-01-13 11:45:09,171 ERROR
org.dspace.browse.IndexBrowse @ Null metadata value for item 24343,
field: dc.contributor

or

     [java] 2015-01-13 11:45:03,804 ERROR
org.dspace.browse.BrowseCreateDAOOracle @ caught exception:

     [java] java.sql.SQLSyntaxErrorException: ORA-00942: table or view
does not exist

I have run the SQL upgrade scripts, re-indexed browse, and re-indexed
Solr to no avail. We do not have this problem in 3.2. Did anyone else
encounter this? It seems like something doesn't like that not every
item shares the same metadata fields but that's absurd since not all
items are alike. I looked in the dspace-tech archives but didn't see
anything recent related to this (i.e Post 1.5). I could be totally off
base about the issue though, as I said, we don't have this problem in
3.2. I'm guessing it is some sort of config change issue but haven't
been able to figure out what.

Anyone encounter the same issue or have any suggestions?

Thanks!
Maura

--
Maura Carbone