This sounds like a perfect job for a unix/linux system.  I'd export this
xls into a nice tab separated csv.  Then sort the column that contains the
call no.  Then compare the sorted columns to the original column with diff.

something along the lines of

diff -Nau <(original.csv | sort -k[[whatever field you want to sort by]])
original.csv

For the dewey titles you could add the -n flag to sort.

This is just a rough sketch, but with a little work I think it will work
for you and what's better it won't cost you dime. :)

--
Ronald Houk
Assistant Director