I am pleased to announce that The Andrew W. Mellon Foundation has awarded
$333,000 to North Carolina State University to support the second phase of
development of the Global Open Knowledgebase (GOKb). GOKb is a project to
create an open source, community-managed repository of metadata describing
electronic resources. Phase 2 work funded by the Mellon grant will run
through December 2015 and will enable further development of the knowledge
base, recruitment of library and vendor partnerships, and expansion into
key areas such as e-book management, description of open-access resources,
and linked data.

For more details, see the full press release at
http://go.ncsu.edu/gokb-announcement.

Phase 1 of the GOKb project is now available for public preview. The
preview showcases the software developed during the initial phase of the
project and contains representative seed data that describes organizations,
packages, titles, holdings, and templates for licensing. Users are invited
to explore the web interface and experiment with the API and co-referencing
service. More information, including details about how to access GOKb and
provide feedback, is available at http://gokb.org/preview.

Please contact me at [log in to unmask] with any questions or visit
http://gokb.org for more information.

--
Kristen Wilson
Associate Head, Acquisitions and Discovery