Kyle,

I think I can answer your question, but I would need to know a little bit
more about what you're doing before attempting to help: how are you
packaging up your objects, how are you storing the content, and how are you
generating checksums.  Even more specific than that:

   - How is your content packaged?
   - Are you talking about the SIPs or the AIPs or both?
   - Is your content in an instance of Fedora, a unix file structure, or
   something else?
   - Are you generating checksums on the whole package, parts of it, both?

Without more specific information though, the solution I would lean toward
is decouple the content files from the metadata and checksum each
separately (because right now it doesn't sound like your system is doing
that).

Rosy