Francis,

Another thing you could do is to buy blank ribbons; see
http://www.pcnametag.com/4-x-1-5-8-custom-name-badge-ribbon-blank-item-sscusb
for an example. These would be more visible, at least, though the green
might conflict with the darker green "First timer" badge ribbons I have for
the conference.

Thanks,
Becky