Cataloging/Digital Services Librarian
Moraine Valley Community College
Palos Hills

Moraine Valley embraces our role as an educational resource to our local
community by offering excellent education, a variety of programs, cultural
events, and entertaining performances for all.

Reaching into our community as true partners enriches the lives of both
students and neighbors alike. By building awareness and sharing diverse
viewpoints, we help students prepare for what's ahead in our ever changing
world. What will your unique experiences bring to our students?

CATALOGING / DIGITAL SERVICES LIBRARIAN

Under the administrative direction of the Dean, Academic Development and
Learning Resources, Cataloging and Digital Services Librarian provides
leadership in-metadata and cataloging practices and standards and supports the
library's multimedia lab and production spaces. The Cataloging and Digital
Services Librarian is dedicated to the learning college concepts by developing
programs and facilitating activities that promote student success and lifelong
learning.

Master's degree in Library Science from an American Library Association-
accredited program required. Strong working knowledge of and practical
experience with current cataloging rules, standards, bibliographic tools,
authority control and metadata schema. Experience with OCLC, AACR2, RDA, LCSH,
and MARC formats and other metadata standards such as Dublin Core, MODS, EAD,
etc. Proficiency in creating digital audio, images, video, and other media
content. Knowledge of web design, digital libraries, and user-centered design.
Current experience with instructional design and strategies for effective
teaching and learning preferred. Experience in community college libraries
preferred.

Moraine Valley Community College encourages students to bring about positive
change. To be considered, you must provide us with a resume and cover letter.
For further information or to apply, visit http://jobs.morainevalley.edu. This
position will begin in the Fall of 2015. Salaries for full-time tenure faculty
positions start in the mid-$40,000 range.s an EEO/A/F/D/V employer that values
diversity and is committed to excellence. PI87895750

Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/18980/
To post a new job please visit http://jobs.code4lib.org/