Please join us at ALA Midwinter in Chicago for a forum on the latest
developments and experiments with Bibframe. If you tweet, help us spread
the word:

CaMMS Forum on Bibframe: Notes From the Field

Sunday, Feb. 1, 1-2:30

McCormick Place West, W183c

Twitter: #alctscammsfm15mw

ALA Scheduler link: http://alamw15.ala.org/node/25661

We've all been hearing for several years about Bibframe, its purposes,
its development and its promise. Many of us are ready to play, itching
to get our hands dirty but unsure where to start. Come to the CaMMS
Forum to review what we know and what we don't know, plus hear from two
libraries already experimenting with Bibframe. The presentations will be
followed by a question period.

Speakers:

Angela Kroeger (Archives and Special Collections Associate, University
of Nebraska at Omaha) will give an overview of the current status of
BIBFRAME development, including a brief introduction to what BIBFRAME is
and what it does, which tools are available or under development, a
glimpse what fully-implemented linked data looks like, a closer look at
the four core classes of the BIBFRAME model, and a dab of philosophy.

Nancy Lorimer (Interim Head of the Metadata Department, Stanford
University) will report on

the Bibframe-related work of Stanford metadata and library technology
staff, introducing their plans for experimentation in the coming year.
She will also discuss training catalogers in linked data concepts and
technologies as well as the importance of involving a variety of staff
in moving toward linked data experimentation and implementation.

Jackie Shieh (Resource Description Coordinator, George Washington
University Libraries) will focus on the current state of her library's
two years of exploring the transition from MARC to Bibframe. She will
share what has become routine and what still remains challenging.

--
Melinda Reagor Flannery
Assistant University Librarian for Technical Services