For those investigating a shelf browse (and for those that have
implemented one), I have a few questions:

Where is the feature demand originating? Staff? Faculty? Students? Grad
students? Undergrad students? (Not to exclude publics or special
libraries, but this seems to be an academic catalog feature, when it shows
up.)

What is the level of familiarity with library/library services/library
systems for those that request this feature?

Is implementing shelf browse an attempt to work around some other catalog
deficiency (e.g. weak subject cataloging)?

Does the corpus have the cataloging data to support such a feature? (A lot
of ebook packages do not have call numbers, for example.) What¹s the
percentage? Is that reasonable?

How do you plan on tracking use of the feature? What would you consider to
be a success rate? 20% of sessions? 5%? 1%?

At what point do you sunset the feature? Expand upon it?

How long will the feature take to implement? How many staff will be
involved? What is the ROI?

Will all of your users understand the visual implementation on the page?
How do you plan on testing it?

Does the shelf metaphor still hold for your users? How do you know?

-Sean