Does Aleph have an Access reporting component? That's how we do this in XL Voyager.

-----Original Message-----
From: Code for Libraries [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Eric Lease Morgan
Sent: Tuesday, January 13, 2015 2:08 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [CODE4LIB] circulation statistics

Does anybody here know how to extract circulation statistics from an library catalog? Specifically, given a date range, are you able to create a list of the most frequently borrowed books ordered by the number of times they’ve been circulated?

I have a colleague who wants to digitize sets of modern literature and then do text analysis against the result. In an effort to do the analysis against popular literature, he wants to create a list of… popular titles. Getting a list of such a thing from library circulation statistics sounds like a logical option to me.

Does somebody here know how to do this? If you know how to do it against Ex Libris’s Aleph, then that is a bonus.

—
Eric Morgan