Eric,

We do something similar to Ken from our iii catalogue, to produce our top 10 lists

http://www.bury.gov.uk/index.aspx?articleid=6311

Though this is based on a monthly marc extract of the entire catalogue and then loaded into a database, which we also use to help with weeding promotion etc (though there is no web front end at the moment).

There are a number of commercial products that do this as well.

regards

Alan

Alan Brown
Libraries System Liaison Officer