On Friday, January 23, 2015 2:19 PM, Dana Jemison wrote:
>I'm looking for a MARC validation tool (either binary or XML MARC) to identify formatting and structural errors in MARC records, which can be run in a Unix environment.  Does anyone know of such a tool, or has anyone built something like this which they'd be willing to share?

If you are able to work in Perl, MARC::Lint [1] is available, along with MARC::Lintadditions [2] and MARC::Errorchecks [3] for more in-depth validation/error checking.

[1] http://search.cpan.org/~eijabb/MARC-Lint_1.48/
development version at: http://sourceforge.net/p/marcpm/code/ci/master/tree/marc-lint/

[2] http://home.comcast.net/~eijabb/bryanmodules/MARC-Lintadditions-1.15/
or