Owen,

It would probably be possible to automate this via Selenium.  What you could have is a build that runs a bunch of ‘tests’ that the sole purpose is call ‘captureEntirePageScreenshot()’ (or whatever it’s called in your language binding to Selenium).

A good place to crib ideas from would be SauceLabs: if you run a browser test suite with them, the report they give you is peppered with screenshots (and not just at failures, like Selenium usually does).

So on every merge to master/trunk, whatever your ‘screenshot’ build could run, regenerating all your screenshots.

Granted, this won’t help you if you need to modify the images at all (arrows, boxes, etc.), but you might be able to automate that bit, too.

Good luck!
-Ross.