I think this makes sense, and I support adopting an opt-in photo policy.  I think it would be great if we could get lanyards which will make it easier to see, but given how short the notice is that probably needs to wait till next year.

I have personally taken and posted panoramic photos of the whole room at code4lib (e.g., https://www.flickr.com/photos/ticklefish/8484653567/).  I like taking pictures like this, and I wonder if there's a good way to handle that (I think I've heard about having people who didn't want to be photographed sit on one side of the room or something like that).  If something like that isn't practical, I'd gladly stop taking pictures like that.

-Esme