I think this is all good stuff too, but my old Hippy soul cringes at unnecessary paperwork.  A consent form means nothing.  Situations change.  Even a well-intended agreement sometimes needs to be reneged on.  I think it's just best that the presenters understand what the best hopes for their presentation are, that they express what their actual plans are and the hosts need to be flexible enough to accommodate changes.

Ralph

-----Original Message-----
From: Code for Libraries [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Tara Robertson
Sent: Monday, January 26, 2015 1:56 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Conference photography policy

I love this conversation.

WRT presenters, I think it's good to be explicit that the plan is to stream and record. It would be good practice to have presenters sign a consent form agreeing to this.

Tara

--

Tara Robertson

Accessibility Librarian, CAPER-BC <http://caperbc.ca/> T  604.323.5254 F  604.323.5954 [log in to unmask] <mailto:[log in to unmask]>

Langara. <http://www.langara.bc.ca>

100 West 49th Avenue, Vancouver, BC, V5Y 2Z6