Hi all,

I’m wondering if anyone has used or developed a Wordpress plugin for digital exhibits? Something with Omeka-like qualities?

We’re currently using Omeka for exhibits and Wordpress for our library website. We’ve just begun work on a project to create a bilingual exhibit of oral histories.  During project planning (more than a year ago), the decision was made to use Omeka. Our original project goals were to add functionality to Omeka enabling (a) a multilingual site (metadata, content, interface), (b) ldap integration, (c) a ResourceSync component to sync objects from CONTENTdm.

However now that we’ve started coding, we’re rethinking our strategy. We’re concerned about the upgrade path (or lack thereof?) to Omeka S (multisite) and are finding that plugin-writing documentation is sparse.  Of course Wordpress has a much bigger developer community, solid documentation, plugins for ldap integration and multilingual sites, etc. But unlike Omeka, its purpose isn’t to do the specific thing we want to do. So we’re debating.

Thanks for your thoughts,
Emily

Emily Brassell
Applications Analyst, UNC Libraries
[log in to unmask] | [log in to unmask] | 919.962.4076