(Putting on LITA Board hat)

To pull out some math in case you don't want to sort through the docs, and
also make a correction:

Yes, LITA's membership decline is faster than average for ALA.

No, LITA is not the smallest division; ASCLA and United are quite a bit
smaller.

(Putting on personal hat)

I find myself thinking of LITA less as "the technology division of ALA" and
more as "the libtech association where I get to meet non-technology
librarians". I love getting to meet people I can talk Django and Heroku
with (!), and I meet more of those in code4lib than in ALA. But I *also* love
seeing how the tools of the libtech world do, and don't, support the needs
of library staff and patrons more broadly. And I love learning how the
issues that matter to us as technologists - copyright, data quality,
privacy - impact librarians in other subfields. And, to be blunt, there are
some damn fun youth services librarians, copyright librarians,
instructional librarians, et cetera. And I meet them through LITA.

(okay maybe that was my Board hat too. I can wear two hats at once! I am
like Hydra. Well. Not Project Hydra. Or Hail Hydra. SO YOU HOPE.)

--
Andromeda Yelton
Board of Directors, Library & Information Technology Association: