I work on a web application and when we release a new version there are often updates to make to existing user documentation - especially screenshots where unrelated changes (e.g. the addition of a new top level menu item) can make whole sets of screenshots desirable across all the documentation.

I'm looking at whether we could automate the generation of screenshots somehow which has taken me into documentation tools such as Sphinx [http://sphinx-doc.org] and Dexy [http://dexy.it]. However, ideally I want something simple enough for the application support staff to be able to use.

Anyone done/tried anything like this?

Cheers

Owen

Owen Stephens