I assume this doesn't exist but...?

In lieu of that are there any open source library projects that people know
of that are under active development that they would like to plug?

I've done some searching and found some cool things but I feel like there
has to be way more - even just bits n whatnots that may work with
particular library systems. (It can be hard to search github for this
because of the IT use of the term "library/libraries")

I ask because:

a.> There might be something out there that I don't know about that might
be great for us to implement (like, "Guide on the Side" which looks awesome)

b.> I'd like to try and help out some such project if my skills fit its
needs.

Thanks all.

--
Brad Coffield, MLIS
Assistant Information and Web Services Librarian