Hello,

I thought that a fun first project for getting involved in mobile app
development might be some sort of code4lib app.

I've done some initial prototyping, with a "throw this one away" attitude,
to try to explore the possibilities.

Work has barely started on prototyping:

- a conference module
- a journal module

and also imagined were:

- a swag store module
- a code4lib jobs module

The prototyping has mostly served to highlight two challenges in developing
this particular app.

1. This may be better as a multi-person effort, especially given the number
of mobile platforms (Windows Mobile, Android, iOS, HTML5 mobile, FireFox
OS, etc.) and the need to integrate the app with existing technologies

2. Some input is needed from code4lib members on what would actually be
useful as a mobile app, if anything. The pieces I've prototyped thus far
are done better elsewhere.

So I'm at code4lib 2015, and am interested in talking with people who have
experience or interest in mobile app design, development, documentation,
etc. Can we chat?

Also, if you have an iOS device with the latest version of iOS and want to
see the state of the current prototype, send me your email address. Andrea
Ogier spent some time testing deployment of the prototype to other devices
for testing, and it seems to work fine. Don't expect much at this point;
it's buggy, ugly, and doesn't add value at this iteration, but it may be a
starting point for discussion.

 A special word of warning about the included main conference schedule;
it's using real data, but due to shortcuts taken during prototyping, it
won't update as the conference schedule changes unless I actually release a
new version of the prototype. It's done better on paper, website, and
lanyrd.

Ramble ramble ramble,
Keith