Good afternoon,

At our library, we're exploring VIVO, as an alternative for replacing a custom, home-grown bibliography application that uses a Drupal 7 front-end and a SOLR index for the data. Our current process for getting new records into this application is via a script that parses an XML document and inserts corresponding new records into SOLR.

My personal experience with RDF and SPARQL has been limited, and the VIVO ingest guide references these semantic web tools.

I'm interested in hearing back from anyone who has worked on migrating similar sets of data from other applications into VIVO, and what your process and experience was like. Have you had any similar experiences/challenges?

Kind regards,
Renaldo

Renaldo Gjoshe, M. B. A.
Library Digital Services Division