Hi Rob,
Yes, you are limited in the behavior you can apply when using "multiple
field settings" in views.  You are probably going to want to play with
two different approaches:

1) Perhaps you could "Group By" date for your web-calendar view. For
details: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cp2SPiwA2Qg

2) You could also split out your content types so you have a
"Time-block" content type and use Entity References to pull other
content types' data in, such as "Screenings" or "Classes".  Then your
web-calendar view would query the Time-block content type and populate
your calendar as expected.

-Shaun