I definitely feel it is time for a hybrid.  My thoughts:  How about an hour's worth of breakouts sessions each day?  One idea.

-----Original Message-----
From: Code for Libraries [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Frumkin, Jeremy A - (frumkinj)
Sent: Monday, February 23, 2015 2:18 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [CODE4LIB] Vote for Code4lib 2016 location

A couple of thoughts:

1) It takes a lot of effort to put these proposals together. Let's not lose sight that both proposals are good proposals, and that's why we have a vote. I'm sure there are various opinions on both proposals.

2) Separate from either proposal, I was struck this year by a greater diversity in topic areas for code4lib than I have observed in the past.
There definitely felt like there was interest in tracks that were not as code-focused (such as culture / community, management, etc.). With the conference growing to the size it has, I personally feel it might be interesting to try a hybrid of single / multi-track, to allow those attending an opportunity to have the ability to have some additional focus on some theme areas. When we started code4lib, the size of the conference was such that a single track made a lot of sense; as the event has grown, both in size and maturity, I'd like to suggest that it may be worth exploring having both single track sessions and multi-track sessions to allow deeper dives by different segments of the attendees.

Just my $.02

-- jaf

Jeremy Frumkin
Assistant Dean / Chief Technology Strategist University of Arizona Libraries

+1 520.626.7296
"A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new." - Albert Einstein