Hi Rob,

I took the liberty of copying this to the Drupal4lib list, which is probably the best place for it.

A lot depends on how the fields are stored. In Drupal 7, field reuse is very important. If all of your *Description* have the same machine name, say field_description, then there will be a discrete table for that field and creating a view is pretty straightforward. It there is a field_screening_description and a field_class_description, then your view (a query) will be more complex. This is not to say that building it is that much harder, just that the tricky part is combining the fields.

Again, with the caveat is that I know almost nothing about your site, for a calendar-centric site as this appears to be, my inclination is to have a date (or event, etc.) content type along with content types for the types of events, like screenings or classes. I would likely take it a step further and create a type for course, as well, assuming that there is more than one class per course. I would pull these together using node relationships. The structure is a bit more intricate, but pulling reports like calendars becomes easier and more reliable.

For a major site, I forgo node content types in favor of entities.

Cary