We need to separate this from the location topic.

I don’t think that anything is set in stone. That said, I appreciate the single track nature of Code4LibCon, and it is what has driven me to attend over the last 8 years. I can and do go to several conferences that have tracks specific to my work. I go to Code4LibCon to learn things I don’t know about, often things I have never heard of.

Over that past couple years, there has also been a growing mix of tech and social tech issues, and the latter have taught me a lot about me as well, and are driving me — too slowly perhaps — to action (or is that proaction).

I never fail to learn something new, and that is what makes it worthwhile.

If Code4LibCon changes, I will be disappointed, but I will still go.

Cary