Hi,
It would be great if you can email the VIVO implementation list at: [log in to unmask]
There are various ways of achieving your goal and the VIVO community will help you through the process.

Violeta

From: Code for Libraries <[log in to unmask]> on behalf of Renaldo Gjoshe <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Thursday, February 5, 2015 1:42 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [CODE4LIB] Migrating Data into VIVO

Good afternoon,

At our library, we're exploring VIVO, as an alternative for replacing a custom, home-grown bibliography application that uses a Drupal 7 front-end and a SOLR index for the data. Our current process for getting new records into this application is via a script that parses an XML document and inserts corresponding new records into SOLR.

My personal experience with RDF and SPARQL has been limited, and the VIVO ingest guide references these semantic web tools.

I'm interested in hearing back from anyone who has worked on migrating similar sets of data from other applications into VIVO, and what your process and experience was like. Have you had any similar experiences/challenges?

Kind regards,
Renaldo

Renaldo Gjoshe, M. B. A.
Library Digital Services Division