I will be interested, but need to be at the very "beginner's level"

Larisa Smyk
Library Associate
Cataloguing and information services
University of Waterloo Library
ON, Canada

For those who attended the conference in Portland there was a talk by Coral Sheldon-Hess where she introduced the idea of a Code Club. If you didn't see it check out the talk's slides and description at:http://code4lib.org/conference/2015/sheldon-hess. But, for the tl;dr version here it is: read code with other like minded individuals so you can become a better programmer.

Which in turn inspires some of us who attended the conference t look for other catalogers/hackers/programmers interested in Python and MARC records. We'd like to do a club centered on the PyMARC library. If that piques your interest please send an email to Richard Tan <[log in to unmask]> and Sean Chen <[log in to unmask]>.  We are happy to get something started but we’d like to hear from others about this endeavor.

Best regards,

Sean

--
Sean Chen <[log in to unmask]>