Not in charge but I think MPOW pays some attention to Gartner. The articles seem to map to "hardware refresh" (I tried a couple of different searches).

We're on a 3 year cycle for desktops and laptops - that's when the warranties run out for us.  I wouldn't know about switches, routers, servers. Projectors we replace them when they die or we renovate what they're mounted to.

Christina

-----Original Message-----
From: Code for Libraries [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Brian Rogers
Sent: Monday, February 02, 2015 6:58 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [CODE4LIB] IT Refresh Cycles

Hi - Is anyone responsible for IT refresh cycles in their library? This could be anything from computers to projectors, switches to routers, servers to media players. Looking to see who people turn to for industry standards (within libraries, or within colleges/universities, or the outside world), in researching recommendations and policies.

Thanks,
Brian Rogers