Greg,

Thanks for the invitation to give input to the inventory. Can you compare and contrast the EuropeanaTech FLOSS inventory with https://foss4lib.org/? (And/or perhaps someone from Lyrasis might also chime in?) Just wondering if they are two different approaches with the same objective, or two somewhat different approaches with some overlapping names / software titles.

For the record, I'm not necessarily suggesting trying to consolidate, but rather understand any differences and overlaps between them. It seems like there is plenty of room for more than a single tools registry. I.e., there are at least three overlapping, current digital preservation tool lists:

- COPTR, the Community Owned digital Preservation Tool Registry: http://coptr.digipres.org/Main_Page
- POWRR's "tool grid" for digital preservation software: http://digitalpowrr.niu.edu/tool-grid/
- the IIPC's Web Archiving Tools & Software tools list: http://netpreserve.org/web-archiving/tools-and-software

each of which seems to have its niche (and more importantly, maintainers!)

Thanks,

- Tom