For those who attended the conference in Portland there was a talk by Coral Sheldon-Hess where she introduced the idea of a Code Club. If you didn't see it check out the talk's slides and description at:http://code4lib.org/conference/2015/sheldon-hess. But, for the tl;dr version here it is: read code with other like minded individuals so you can become a better programmer.

Which in turn inspires some of us who attended the conference t look for other catalogers/hackers/programmers interested in Python and MARC records. We'd like to do a club centered on the PyMARC library. If that piques your interest please send an email to Richard Tan <[log in to unmask]> and Sean Chen <[log in to unmask]>.  We are happy to get something started but we’d like to hear from others about this endeavor.

Best regards,

Sean

--
Sean Chen <[log in to unmask]>