I had the opportunity to attend a workshop on crowdsourcing last week run by the Crowdsourcing Consortium (http://www.crowdconsortium.org/), which is attempting to rationalize the space for libraries & archives. Those on these lists may find both the news of the consortium and the survey, below, to be of interest. - Tom

============------------------=========-----------------===========------------------=================------------------=================

From: Mary Flanagan <[log in to unmask]>
Date: February 10, 2015 10:53:07 AM PST
Subject: IMLS-SURVEY ON CROWDSOURCING

Dear Colleagues,
The IMLS-funded Crowdsourcing Consortium for Libraries and Archives (CCLA) needs your help!  We’re conducting a *quick* survey to gain greater insights about the key challenges faced by libraries and archives in designing and implementing crowdsourcing initiatives.  Responses to the survey will directly inform national conversations about crowdsourcing and help shape the direction of the CCLA.  We’d love you to offer your own unique insights!

You can access the survey here: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/CCLASurvey2

Please forward this message to any individuals, groups, or listservs who have an interest in crowdsourcing for libraries and archives.

Thanks in advance for your help!
Mary Flanagan, for the CCLA

+ + + + + +

Dr. Mary Flanagan
Sherman Fairchild Distinguished Professor in Digital Humanities
Professor,  Department of Film & Media Studies
247 Black Family Visual Arts Center,  HB 6194
Dartmouth College  Hanover NH 03755
Follow me:  Facebook | Twitter

Director, Tiltfactor Laboratory
Follow the lab:  Facebook | Twitter

To unsubscribe from the DLF-ANNOUNCE list, click the following link:
http://lists.clir.org/scripts/wa-CLIR.exe?SUBED1=DLF-ANNOUNCE&A=1