Library Juice Academy courses offered in March and April

Most of these classes are four weeks in length, with a price of $175.

We accept registrations through the first week of class.

Classes are taught asynchronously, so participants can do the work as their
schedules allow.

Details on these courses are at http://libraryjuiceacademy.com/courses.php

Share as appropriate, and apologies for cross-posting.

April

Metadata Design
Grace Agnew

Evaluating Service Quality and Patron Satisfaction
Jennifer Sweeney

Do-It-Yourself Usability Testing
Rebecca Blakiston

Planning and Leading Productive Meetings
Deborah Schmidle

Digital Scholarship: New Metrics, New Modes
Marcus Banks

Game-Based Learning in Library Instruction
Scott Rice

Library Makerspaces: From Dream to Reality
Melissa Robinson

Introduction to the Semantic Web
Robert Chavez

Beginning Programming in Python, Part I
Tony Castelletto

Wikipedia: Library Initiatives and Expert Editing
Megan Wacha

Threshold Concepts in the Information Literacy Classroom: Translating the
ACRL Framework for Information Literacy into Our Teaching Practices
Andrea Baer

May

Introduction to Project Management
Robin Hastings

Metadata Implementation
Grace Agnew

Easy Patron Surveys
Jennifer Sweeney

Assessing and Improving Your Library's Social Media Presence
Julia Skinner

Research Data Management
Jillian Wallis

PHP and APIs
Caleb Tucker-Raymond

Strategic Planning: Setting Directions for the Future
Deborah Schmidle

Trends in Library Automation
Mandy Henk

The Sustainability Movement on Campus: Forming a Library Action Plan for
Engagement
Madeleine Charney

Beginning Programming in Python, Part II
Tony Castelletto

RDFa1.1 (RDFa and RDFa Lite) and RSS
Robert Chavez

Visual Analytics with D3.js
Olga Buchel

Information Literacy, Composition Studies and Higher Order Thinking
Andrea Baer

While academic programs focus on conceptual understanding of foundations,
we focus on the kinds of skills that library schools generally expect
librarians to learn on-the-job, but which usually turn out to require
additional study. These workshops earn Continuing Education Units, and are
intended as professional development activities. Workshops are taught
asynchronously, so you can participate as your own schedule allows.

Library Juice Academy
P.O. Box 188784
Sacramento, CA 95818
Tel. 218-260-6115