Ronald,

What features are you looking for? I'm may also be interested in something
similar. I suspect that the final solution could be fashioned by putting
together existing software, such as bugme
<https://github.com/mit-athena/bugme> (session timer), with some other
software (that I don't know about or doesn't exist) to authorize and
provision guest accounts. A custom lightdm greeter
<http://www.mattfischer.com/blog/?p=5> may be a good place for adding the
latter functionality to the existing support for guest accounts in Ubuntu.

Best,
Jack