Thank you so much for all the replies, these are all very helpful! When
building the prototype for this particular page listing digitized
collections, I had put Digital Collections as the header out of habit
essentially because I know that's what "we" call them. The group working on
the page is going to do some more thinking about the labeling.

(To give some more info on what we were trying to do: this is a list of
collection-level records for collections Cornell has digitized. Cataloged
digitized collections can definitely be found along with everything else in
the catalog. The purpose of the list is to "highlight" these collections
and to perhaps make them easier to find. We don't have a "digital
collection" facet in our Blacklight catalog yet, though we like how
Stanford has set theirs up. These collections can be cataloged as a variety
of different formats as well - databases, websites, books, etc. so there
really isn't an obvious way to look at or narrow your search to them in the
catalog. It might be that the page won't get a lot of use because the
collections can be discovered in the catalog, but it will be available if
someone would like to see a list of such things.)

On Thu, Mar 19, 2015 at 7:57 AM, McDonald, Stephen <[log in to unmask]