Digital Preservation and Scholarship (DPS) Project Manager
Rhodes College
Memphis

Rhodes College invites applications for a Digital Preservation and Scholarship
(DPS) Project Manager. The DPS Project Manager will be a member of our Digital
Preservation and Scholarship (DPS) Team, which provides planning and support
services for College programs and projects in the areas of innovative
pedagogies, engaged scholarship, and digital preservation and access. Services
provided by the person in this position fall into 3 categories: (1) discovery
and research, (2) project planning, management and assessment, and (3) working
on project teams as technical lead.

Co-lead the project portfolio management team, overseeing workflows and
resource deployment for ongoing digital assets/digital scholarship projects as
well as prioritizing and scheduling new projects;

Supervise student teams involved in projects, and train/deploy student workers
throughout the College to provide support (e.g. transcription, web application
development, processing digital assets) for projects;

Collaborate with faculty, staff, students and community partners to develop
outreach programming connected to our digital collections and projects;

Provide technical support for projects, including metadata schema design and
implementation, strategy development for existing digital archives, and
maintaining inter-operability among systems;

Assess new and emerging pedagogical trends and technologies and report
findings;

Identify resources, vendors and/or partners to provide services for projects,
focusing in particular on collaborative opportunities that build capacity;

Minimum Qualifications

A Bachelor's degree in any field that supports an understanding of and
engagement with information and systems that support teaching and learning,
and academic research. ML(I)S or advanced degree strongly preferred. The
successful candidate will work well with both colleagues and community
partners, and thrive on learning new tools and strategies and on re-
conceptualizing problems in the context of multiple perspectives. We are
seeking a candidate with strong technical skills in supporting digital
repositories and web-based application development. Also required are a
minimum of three years of experience working with digital collections; a
background in digital humanities, instructional technology or related field;
demonstrated successful experiences in collaborative/team working
environments; project management experience; highly developed oral and written
communication skills; demonstrate an aptitude for being flexible and
adaptable; and a commitment to the mission of Rhodes College. Please apply
online at Jobs.Rhodes.edu. Submit a letter of application, resume or CV, and
the names and email addresses of three references.

Founded in 1848, Rhodes College is a highly selective, private, residential,
undergraduate college, located in Memphis, Tennessee. We aspire to graduate
students with a lifelong passion for learning, a compassion for others, and
the ability to translate academic study and personal concern into effective
leadership and action in their communities and the world. We encourage
applications from candidates interested in helping us achieve this vision.

Rhodes College values an inclusive and welcoming environment. We are an equal
opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workforce.

Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/19567/
To post a new job please visit http://jobs.code4lib.org/