Web Developer
University of St. Thomas
Saint Paul

The University of St. Thomas Libraries welcomes applications for a Web
Developer. Apply here: https://staffemployment-
stthomas.icims.com/jobs/1570/libraries-web-developer/job.

We're looking for a crackerjack web developer who can competently and
creatively help us deliver a rich variety of online resources and services to
our students, faculty, and staff. Our collections include
over 285 research databases providing access to journals & professional
literature (more than 60 thousand titles), primary historical sources, books
(print and electronic), streaming audio & video, an institutional repository
of faculty and student publications, plus our University special collections
and archives.

Making all of this content and our research & instruction services
discoverable is a huge challenge that we meet with a variety of internal and
vendor-provided systems, all of which must be woven together into a seamless
tapestry that our community finds easy to discover and use in their
scholarship. Sometimes we succeed, sometimes we fail, but
it's never boring! If you think you have what it takes to do this, read on.

The university enrolls roughly 9,500 FTE students, providing a wide range of
undergraduate majors, plus graduate programs in business, software, education,
professional psychology, art history, English, and others.

UST values a healthy work/life balance and provides a generous compensation
package including competitive salaries, medical/dental/life insurance and
retirement benefits; 4 weeks of vacation to start & 13 paid holidays; tuition
remission benefits; access to outstanding recreational facilities, etc.

Located in the Twin Cities of St. Paul and Minneapolis, our community has a
lot to offer: world-class parks, trails, lakes, and other recreational
opportunities; a vibrant art and music scene; outstanding restaurants and
shopping; college and professional sports; among many other cultural
amenities.

Summary of essential job functions:

1) Website design, maintenance, and administration. Serve
as the developer for the UST Libraries website and associated applications.

2) Web/digital resources application development. Manage
projects to identify requirements, design, code, test, and implement
applications that facilitate user discovery and use of library materials and
services, and that will function effectively with the university's web content
management environment, whether built within the University's current CMS or
using other tools.

3) Digital information design. Assist
Libraries staff to design ad coupons, channels, banner ads, signs, etc. to
incorporate into the website, the Libraries and UST's digital and physical
signage, and other applications.

4) User training and assistance. Develop
and deliver training to library staff users on our various web applications
and other tools (SnagIt, Photoshop/Elements or other graphics tools, Camtasia,
Captivate, Adobe Connect, digital signage applications, etc.).

5) Collaboration and professional
engagement. Actively work to maintain
good relationships with internal and external staff, remain current on
technology trends in general and the state of the art in library technologies.

Job Requirements

BA/BS in MIS, computer sciences, or related field and three years of
professional experience, OR combination of education and experience to total 6
years.

Experience must include some of the following programming languages and
protocols to an advanced level: HTML, CSS, JavaScript, Jquery, AJAX, XML, PHP,
ASP, Java/JSP (JEE), SQL, VBScript, etc. along with formal training in using
Oracle SQL/SQL Server or other relational databases.
Applicants should be prepared to describe their experience writing code within
the framework of an institutional CMS. Experience
developing code and applications that function effectively in websites
primarily driven by content management systems is highly desired. Experience
configuring LDAP or other authentication protocols desired.
Experience ideally would include Photoshop, Captivate/Camtasia, or other
current interactive design tools. Experience with Google Analytics and web log
analyzer tools is required.

Apply by creating a profile, uploading a resume, and copy pasting a cover
letter into the University's online application system: https
://staffemployment-stthomas.icims.com/jobs/1570/libraries-web-developer/job.

Inspired by Catholic intellectual tradition, the University of St. Thomas
educates students to be morally responsible leaders who think critically, act
wisely, and work skillfully to advance the common good. The
successful candidate will possess a commitment to the ideals of this mission
statement.

In light of its commitment to create and maintain a safe learning and working
environment, employment with the University of St. Thomas requires successful
completion of a background screening.

The University of St. Thomas (UST), Minnesota Human Resources Department
advertises the official job listing on its website. If you
are viewing this posting from a site other than "Jobs at UST", the University
assumes no responsibility for the accuracy of information.

UST is an Equal Opportunity Employer

Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/19849/
To post a new job please visit http://jobs.code4lib.org/